BSS was established in 1992 to distribute and support the Buildsoft range of software for the Irish & UK markets. They have since expanded and grown with Buildsoft and added more software packages to their range, some of which are Cubit, MudShark & Bartender, which they will be showing at this year’s CitA Tech Live event on November 8th and 9th at Croke Park.
Cubit – The Natural Estimator. Brilliantly simple for Qs, Estimators, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
The Cubit software range enables users to quickly and accurately take off quantities directly from 2D (CAD/PDF) drawings or 3D BIM Models directly into your estimate for pricing.
Main Features Include:
- Estimating/Cost Planning
- Dimension Sheets – gives the user the flexibility of entering manual quantity calculations when required.
- Rate Breakup/Composite Rate sheets – build up your own rates inclusive of labour, materials, plant, sub-contractor and delivery costs.
- BoQ Production
- Measure from 2D PDF, CAD and Image file formats
- 3D/BIM Takeoff
- Custom Report writer produces customised professional reports
- 3D Windows and Doors
- 3D Object library for windows and doors gives better indication of work to be done.
- Automatic door and window counts inserted into your estimate.
- Job Grouping
- Assign up to 100 grouping columns to an estimate.
- Dynamically assign grouping sets (code files) to use with a Job.
- Automatic coding of items headings.
- Price lists and Templates
- Create or import existing price lists to use inside your estimate.
- New prices can be added, or prices can be updated.
- TEMPLATES and insert from templates.
- Plan Revision
- Compare differences and update in the same view. No switching back and forward between different views to see what is different.
- Automatically shows and categorises differences for both PDF and CAD files.
- Changes made are automatically updated throughout your estimate.
- Import/Export data to and from Microsoft Excel/CSV/XML file formats
- Room Picker
- Takeoff an entire room with one click of the mouse.
MudShark – Take Control of your Earthworks Estimating.
MudShark earthworks 3D takeoff tools allow you to effortlessly build a 4D model defining how the site currently looks and how you want the site to look after all earthworks are complete. Ideal for calculating contaminated volumes and dispute resolution, with accurate cut and fill estimate done in a fraction of the time.
Main features include:
- Rapid Takeoff
- With the transmute tool, you can enter 1000’s of contours and spot information with one click.
- 3D Visualisation
- 4D Walkthrough
- Multiple Boring
- Specific materials in the ground, and whether they are contaminant.
- Cross Sections
- Material Reuse
- Controls your material and where they are reused.
Bartender – the next generation subcontractor comparison solution.
Bartender is an innovative, online platform designed to compare suppliers and contractors easier than ever before. Quick to learn and easy to use, Bartender offers you the ability to input suppliers, add multiple quotes from your subbies, compare prices, and select one or multiple suppliers for your jobs.
Main features include:
- Work how and when you want, with the benefits of being on the cloud.
- Greater control with flexibility to update your data in real time, at any point throughout your process.
- Quote Management
- Improve your workflows with all your data available at your fingertips.
- Data Analysis
- Gain better insights into your quotes for detailed comparison and analysis.
- Deliver the information you need to make the right decisions.
CitA Tech Live takes place at Croke Park on November 8th & 9th. You can register here.
Follow @CITA_Ltd & @BIMIreland on Twitter #CitATechLive