PROCHEM is one of the leading engineering consultancy firms in Ireland, having been established in 1995.
Almost 20 years on, we have stayed true to our original mission to meet the professional, consulting engineering and project management needs of the process industry in Ireland.
The company is currently looking to recruit a Lead BIM Designer.
Position: Lead BIM Designer – Mechanical Electrical and Process
Location: Prochem Engineering, Kilkenny.
- We have an immediate requirement for an experienced BIM Designer to lead BIM while working as part of an established engineering design team.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is essential.
- The position offers an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career within a supportive environment.
What we offer.
- In addition to a competitive salary with paid overtime, we provide continuous learning and development opportunities within a creative and supportive work environment.
- Set up BIM projects
- Support project co-ordination with clients
- Lead or support project co-ordination as required with collaborating BIM partners
- Complete mechanical electrical and process modelling and detailing
- Manage and create Revit families as required by project
- Resolve BIM design issues
- Responsible for BIM standard development implementation and enforcement which includes but is not limited to – writing BIM Execution Plans, and generating Employer Information Requirement documents.
- Responsible for quality control of all BIM and CAD output – files and drawings
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of software template files to defined standards
- Manage plotting and electronic file transmission
- Automate BIM routines for productivity
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of BIM users to ensure standards are maintained
- Manage BIM (Revit, Plant 3D etc.) and CAD (AutoCAD) software products
- Manage the implementation of BIM support software
- Evaluate new BIM related software and technology
- Stay informed on best practices for use of BIM software
- Manage the installation and support of BIM and CAD related software
- Liaise with BIM and CAD software and IT support vendors
- Provide Revit basic and advanced training to BIM users as required
- Provide continuing education training to BIM users as required
- Test potential new-hire BIM skills at interview stage
- Provide induction and familiarisation to new-hire BIM users
- Maintain a high level of personal competency through continued use and training
Essential Criteria for Suitable Candidates
- An experienced user of BIM Authoring Software and Design Coordination Software – Revit, and NavisWorks at a minimum.
- A Good understanding of BIM Level 2 requirements and industry protocol.
- Four years’ experience (minimum) in a similar BIM co-ordinating role.
- An experienced AutoCad user.
- Minimum requirement is a degree in Engineering – honours preferable but not essential – preferably in Building Services or Mechanical.
- Pharmaceutical design office experience.
- Design Co-ordination experience across disciplines.
- Good time management skills with the ability to commit to and work to deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people both orally and in writing.
- A team player, who is flexible and able to work with others.
Follow BIMIreland.ie on LinkedIn. Follow @BIMIreland on Twitter.