SISK Group is a 5th generation, 150 year old family business. Founded in Cork in 1859. It has grown to an international construction company, now diversified into Consumer Products, Property and other investments in Ireland, U.K., Europe & the Middle East employing over 2000 people.
Candidates should have experience with the following Software platforms: AutoCAD, Navisworks, Synchro, Revit, Solibri, Mudshark, CostX, Design Review, Asta Power Project, 4Project, Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe professional.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain the BIM Protocol and BEP
- Ensure all stakeholders are in alignment with the BIM Protocol and BEP.
- Create and maintain a BIM Coordination Programme that is aligned with the Project Programme.
- Identify any impact on the BIM Coordination Programme arising from errors in the transmission and use of information during the BIM process.
- Establish BIM Coordination workshops and report progress at the Project Design Team meetings.
- Keep a record of BIM models and their status.
- Attendance at design and construction reviews
- Attend design, client & site meetings as required
- Interpreting and amending models
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings
- Field surveying and verification
- Development of models and reports in line with client scheduling requirements
- Ensure that the supply chain is BIM Capable and can carry out the Employer Information Requests
- Ensure the correct site set-up is in place provide the required BIM environment is to carry out the Employer Information Requests
- Coordinate the process and check the models integrate together
- Ensure Models meet the agreed naming protocols
- Carry out coordination meetings and Clash reports
- Maintain a collection of models from different disciplines
- Make sure that the information is interpretable and up to date
- Ensure all model are fit for purpose
- Carry out monthly audits on models and Issue report.
- Ensure COBie data is being captured at each Data Drop.
- Develop BIM Model for site logistics and temporary works to give a visual and clash free construction programme.
- Quantity takeoffs, Extract key data form the project model to produce scheduled material quantities.
- Data conversion, Extract key data form the project model to produce COBie information that can be feedback in the Client BMS/CAFM system.
- Keep a record of transfers of element ownership i.e. columns transferring from the Architect to the Structural Engineer.
- Quality check-ups, Establish quality control procedures to check that all of the models are accurate, the level of detail is fit for purpose.
- Identify and document clashes between different discipline models using clash detection software.
- Ensure that each organisation has published a version of the model for each significant milestone stage as identified in the BIM Coordination Programme.
- Record and monitor shared data and relationships between models e.g. grids, floor levels, shared project coordinates.
- Identify and agree any co-located or shared technical infrastructure needs, software package interoperability requirements and standards to be used by each team member to deliver BIM project.
- Co-ordinate hand over of model and data at the agreed milestones in the BIM Coordination Programme.
- Creating and capturing evidence of BIM values which influence the commercial outcomes on the project.
- Interface with the project Planner to link the BIM Model to the construction programme to create virtual Build of the construction Programme.
- Interface with the project logistics Manager to optimise the construction Logistics and Traffic management.
- Connect BIM to the onsite activates through the site management team.
- Educate and train the site staff on the BIM investment on the Project.
- Provide weekly look ahead and Progress report’s for the Contracts Manager
- Ensure a system is in place to capture all As-built information and update model as constructed.
- Ensure that the Site Team can utilise the model to ensure the design is being carried out to the Construction Design drawings.
- Ensure that the client is educated on the BIM Model and has the ability to review the BIM model during construction.
- Ability to multi-task BEP Project BIM requirements and the contract managers request on a day to day basis.
- Ability to learn new innovative BIM software platforms.
- In the event of the Project BIM Coordinator transferring to another person, provide all associated documents and fully brief incoming personnel on the protocols and history of the collaboration.
|Job Title||BIM Engineer|