RPS is one of Ireland’s leading all-island multidisciplinary Engineering, Environmental, Project Communications and Project Management Consultancy employing over 360 talented people nationwide.
Position: Senior Design Engineer, Water Services Department
Location: RPS Group – Cork
RPS Group are currently recruiting a number of Senior Design Engineers to work as key members of our water services team in our Cork office primarily focusing on water and wastewater network and treatment projects, as well as flood defence schemes. The successful candidates will become key participants in the water services team, assisting in the delivery and management of projects for key public and private clients in Ireland.
Successful candidates will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services to the water industry in Ireland and will be offered a dynamic and rewarding career with varied and interesting projects. RPS offer a comprehensive and structured professional training and development program and pride ourselves on delivering a first class quality service to our Clients, based on recruiting, developing and rewarding the best professionals in the business.
• Works as part of a team with focus on design and construction of above and below ground assets relating to water, wastewater and flood defence projects.
• Assists in the project management of major projects and manage smaller projects with little supervision.
• Takes responsibility for quality of deliverables and meeting project goals.
• Liaises with a broad range of clients and engages in development of client relationships.
• Advances professional and technical knowledge, by attending professional workshops, reading professional publications, establishing excellent networks, participating in professional societies.
• Prepares excellent technical reports and presentations for internal and external use.
• Enhances company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments.
• Level 8 degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. A post graduate degree would be advantageous.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design, procurement and contract supervision of water services projects.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate themselves and others, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations.
• Ability to devise new approaches to problems encountered.
• Excellent IT skills, familiar with relevant computer applications (MS Word and MS Excel in particular, MS Project desirable) and simulation software.
• Knowledge of BIM would be advantageous.
The successful candidates will be based full-time in our office in Cork.
Please apply via the following link: www.joinrps.com (registration needed) including the relevant Ref. Number (J3446). Associate /Director
Closing Date: 4th December 2015
As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.
RPS Group are an equal opportunities employer.